We, NZPTA, have been invited to be part of a delegation to an international symposium on open access to educational information. This is to be held in Australia from 10th – 14th October.
We will find out about the Australian programme of ‘My School’ which gives a run-down on a school which includes all aspects, including student achievement.
I’ll let you know more details when I return.
In the meantime, I would ask if you could get back to me on a few points:
- Do you know of the Ministry of Education’s website? It includes a ‘Parents’ Portal’.
- If so, have you explored it to find out educational information – policies, strategies, programmes (e.g. National Standards).
- What is your opinion of what is offered? Just a few brief words will do.
- Have you explored the Education Review Office website to see what they offer as far as information goes? What is your opinion of that information?
- How useful are the school’s reports? Do they tell you what you want to know?
- Have you any ideas of how they could be improved – if necessary?
I’m sorry that there is not time for a proper survey, but if you could enlighten me on what is current parent opinion I would be most grateful.